Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Whole Lot of Shakin' Going On!

I don't really care for diet food fads, and the idea of replacing a meal with a drink just seems silly. But when I decided to become a Beachbody coach one thing was very clear, I had to be proof of the product. You can't expect people to buy something from you if you don't use it. So, I had to start drinking Shakeology every day (see disclosure).



You've seen that my diet has been very restricted due to Patrick's food intolerances, and a person can only eat so many fruits and vegetables. Adding Shakeology to the mix means that I'm filling in nutritional gaps. It's not a fix-all, but it sure does help.

I truly love drinking Shakeology everyday. I was already drinking smoothies for breakfast so it wasn't hard to switch to this. Their vegan chocolate has greatly improved and doesn't get gelatinous like the old formula. I usually blend some frozen fruit with water and then blend in one scoop of Shakeology. I know that it is helping to curb my sugar cravings, but even if it wasn't I would feel satisfied everyday having this as my treat.

I've been postpartum for almost a year now and had been losing my hair at an inconceivable rate. I was even contemplating seeing a doctor to test if there was something more going on. However, I started drinking Shakeology and within the first week, I went from losing a small rodent worth of hair to less than half that amount. My hair and the shower drain are very happy with this change.

Someone asked me several weeks into the 21 Day Fix how I was feeling, and the answer was tired and sore. But when I really thought about it and looked back at all I was able to accomplish it was clear that I must have more energy, otherwise I would be collapsing into bed every night and taking mid-afternoon naps.

The way I feel is pretty typical and what the average person can expect, but my cousin's wife, Amanda, has had results that are much more meaningful and have a huge impact on her life.

Amanda has Type I Diabetes and uses an insulin pump to help keep everything in balance. Shakeology has not only helped to curb her cravings, improve her skin tone, and give her more energy, but it is helping her to not crash after workouts, her blood sugar is more regulated, and she's using less insulin, going from 60 units a day down to 35 units a day!

Amanda is putting a lot of work into herself, her career, and her business, and is reaping the benefits.

If you would like to talk more about Shakeology or any Beachbody program, you can contact myself or Amanda using the information provided below.

Alicia O'Donnell:
Email: mrs.aliciaodonnell@gmail.com

Amanda Smith:
Email: amandasmithbbcoach@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment