Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Septate Uterus: Prenatal Appointment, 14 weeks



Well, as expected nothing much happened at this appointment. Most of it was spent waiting and the biggest chunk of remaining time was spent in ultrasound.

During the ultrasound I told the sonographer that Dr. H. wanted to check my kidneys, but she said that radiology would do that. I forgot to mention it to Dr. H. when we spoke with him after the ultrasound, so that will have to wait till next time.

I was very happy that we had just come from lunch (mmm... Primanti Bros.) because we got to see quite the dance show from our little one. They took a lot of measurements of the baby and eventually measured the cervix (which was absolutely fine). The only new information was that this sonographer was pretty sure that my uterus was no longer titled and that baby is in the right horn, not the left like previously thought. I told her time will tell because the baby's movements will obviously be on one side or the other.

Dr. H., though happy that my cervix is holding up just fine, wants to see me every two weeks to keep an eye on things (thank you sister!). I told him about how Jr. was head down and pushing on my cervix for a long time without any problems, but he seemed unmoved. I'm assuming that if there seems to be any trouble he just wants to catch it early so that they can do a cervical cerclage (sew it shut) or another treatment. I really don't think it will be a problem and I hope that he'll see that sooner rather than later, so that we can go back to once a month appointments.

I do have another appointment this week, but unless something major happens, I will only post about the prenatal appointments once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment